Sunday, April 3, 2016

4/3/16 - Editing

Good morning, afternoon, night, I don't even know! Its already been a long day for me as editing over 60 shots can be quite time consuming...

Last night I was oh-so-lucky enough to experience total loss of internet and electricity all throughout my house (yay..) rendering me unable to access my videos or pictures to share on my blog, or to even access my blog. I was up all night anxious about whether or not I had lost our videos or not; thankfully, we hadnt. All sarcasm aside, luckily, my internet is back and I have begun working on all the editing.

I've had experience in using iMovie so I'm not completely lost with what I'm doing. I've already begun using video enhancing techniques as well as camera shakiness regulating and sound editing to stabilize shots and make specific sounds i want to come out. One of the issues that I've started coming across was that some of the shots were ended too quickly or that the dialogue was rushed. It made the scenes feel rushed themselves. To fix this I've attempted to use slo-motion at the beginning and end of the shots that were for the most part pretty stable to elongate the  length of the shots so that it doesn't interfere with the pace of the film. Another criticism that I would make about yesterdays shooting was that I don't think we captured the essence of the homeless man as much as we wanted to. When I imagined the homeless man I imagined extended dirtiness and an edgier tone on the voice. But overall it went pretty smoothly and some of the dialogue helped allude to the fact that he is a homeless man.

Here are some images from our filming yesterday.

Our new location: Abandoned railroad tracks. The ultimately changed our perspective of the film because we realized that an abandoned location provided much more suspense and suspicion for the viewers.

Quick photo shoot.

Danny and Diego discussing their lines. 


No comments:

Post a Comment