Wednesday, April 6, 2016

4/6/16 - Last segment

We are now just a few days away from the deadline!! It seems like it was just last week that my group and I were debating which genre we wanted to focus on or what we wanted our plot line to be. Time sure flies when you stress a lot! (I wish I was joking at that last one). With just a few days left I want to give my group and myself enough time to focus on our creative critical reflection so I'm hoping to finish all editing tonight. Over the past couple of days, I've been cutting, editing, fixing, stabilizing, regulating and basically any other task that comes with editing. The main problem I've been seeing throughout our shots was that we didnt leave enough time for each shot, since many of the shots seem rushed, as if they are burning through dialogue too quickly. I tried fixing this by incorporating multiple takes of the same shot and sort of cutting it up so that there is a sort of dimension in the way the angles and shots are compiled. Maybe this could work for us, since we are focusing on a protagonist who is unsteady, disoriented, and in ultimate confusion. However I really want to bring to light the efforts we made at keeping the colorful aesthetic throughout the scenes, from set production to costume design we really tried to follow the brick, crimson, beige and faded looks we wanted to incorporate  which all l had an ultimate meaning (I discussed in an earlier post) and to say the least I am in love with the look, I am so proud!

Two nights ago, Guste came over and helped research potential sounds and opening songs that we could include. After extensive listening of some good (And, to our discontent, some not so good...) songs, we ended up finding one that we believed matched the suspenseful yet lighthearted theme we wanted to go for. We decided to use the songs Anamalie, for our opening song, and Ossuary 6 - Air, for an underlying hum throughout certain parts of the film, from this royalty free music website. Recently a classmate of mine brought to my attention what our theme and conflict would be portrayed in our film and it got me thinking because I realized that we had never really discussed our theme, which I discussed in my last blog.

Danny and I just came back from filming the last segment of our film, a flashback scene. I wanted to capture a light contrast with the sun/sunset to create a silhouetted outline of the individuals who are trapping the protagonist in the trunk. Heres one of the shots we were able to get. Im uploading them to my computer right now to insert them into the movie. after some tweaking and adjusting we'll be done with the movie!


"Incompetech Music Search." Incompetech. N.p., n.d. Web. 3 Apr. 2016. <http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/music.html>.

No comments:

Post a Comment