Saturday, April 9, 2016

4/9/16 - Sad farewells

Before bidding adieu to this project and uploading my CCR and film opening, I wanted to take some time to reflect on the past 6 weeks.

In all honesty, its been one of the biggest challenges I've faced my whole life. Not so much for its rigor, but for the many lessons I learned coming out of it. Knowing myself, I've never been very fond of group work because I'm very independent and headstrong when it comes to brainstorming ideas and putting them into effect (So you could see how going into a totally never-been-dealt-with-before project with two of my friends could be quite problematic for myself). But, something good must come out of everything! And much to my surprise it did. Through perseverance and me pushing, or you could say 'nagging' for more advantageous time management, we were able to finish the project in ways that we had all imagined, and that to me is essential for believing you've accomplished a goal. So not only have I learned the advantages, yet at the sam time annoyances, of time management (Which, I'd like to put out there, has never been my forte) but I have also helped myself become more patient and open minded when it comes to working with others.

This project has also helped direct me towards which paths I want to take in life. I've always been very artistic and imaginative but have never considered film and media studies as a possible passion or future in my life. This class and project has helped give me an idea as to what I may like to pursue, and while I am aware that our production did not live up to all the aspects I had envisioned and that I would've liked to achieve, we were still able to create a concise plot line and an amazing opening. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect! Thanks to this opportunity I was able to see where my better skills lie and what improvements I need to make, especially since I will be taking the A level of Media Studies next year, which I am just as excited to start as I was in the beginning of this project, if not more!

 But alas, all good things must come to an end, and it feels scary yet so exciting to finally be able to share this project, who I have nurtured and looked out for for the past 6 weeks ( I feel like a mother who's watching their child go away to college). I'd like to thank everyone who has helped my group and I create our final project and I'd also like to thank my group because even if we did have our differences at times we always stuck together and were able to create an amazing project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment