Thursday, March 24, 2016

3/24/16 - Storyboarding

My group and I have been having a hard time finding ways to communicate and discuss ideas due to our very busy schedules lately. This has taken a toll on the efficiency of our scheduling and I'm scared we are going to have to shift to the second gear in upcoming weeks to speed up the process. Recently, on my end, I've been looking up ways to construct a storyboard without having all of us to rely on one person having the storyboard or worrying about finding days to meet up. At first, I mentioned that we could all begin to form our own storying boards so that when we do meet up later in the week we could just merge and discuss our already predetermined ideas and create a shot list relatively quickly. Unfortunately, this brought us no where. So, I started taking things into my own hands. I've been researching different softwares and have begun sketching out our storyboard on my own digitally.

Thanks to this site, I was able to obtain and structure a few images that gave me a few more ideas for our film opening. Seeing the color scheme I had created in these three images I began looking more into color significance. I used this website to figure out that shades of brick red, caramel, and cloudy red, and basically any mixed warm color was significant of deception, determination, and ignorance.


I decided to start a story board on my own, using any tools I could find. I began scouting the App Store to find any app that could help me. Thats when I came across this really great app Celtx Shots. It basically helped me compile my story board by simply uploading images and inscribing my text and shot choices on-the-go since it is on my phone.
To sketch and create the images I went on my iPad and found a design app, SketchBookX, that helped me draw out and outline what I envision in a storyboard. Here below is an example from the work I began. The scene opens up to a pan going around the protagonist, that leads up to him, which would incorporate homemade opening credits. The next would be an extreme close up and close up of protagonist X waking up, and the next shot would be a panning mid shot to the left, which would then introduce the homeless man to the protagonist, who will be a vital character in the story. I will be posting more excerpts on the story board as I create them.

StoryBoard That. Digital image. Storyboardthat.com. Clever Prototypes, LLC, n.d. Web. <https://www.storyboardthat.com/storyboards/luciepottecher/film>. 

"Color Chart." Eagle Spirit Ministry. Tsúnyöta Köhe't, n.d. Web. <http://www.eaglespiritministry.com/works/colorch.htm>.

No comments:

Post a Comment