Saturday, March 19, 2016

3/19/16 New Idea

We're now towards the end of week 2 and we have yet to finalize any story board or shot list. I've been out of town for the past few days but I've been doing my best in trying to brainstorm any idea possible. I've come up with a few locations that could help set the mood that we wanted to portray. I was thinking perhaps that Wynwood Walls, or more simply, the art district of Miami, along with other areas throughout the city, could help display the run down look and environment that is going to seem foreign to our character. 


Also: typical me, I had a new idea last minute, that could help mend the story together a little more. So, our main protagonist wakes up, beeping, with a homeless man, but the question we were always faced with was, what the heck does the hobo have to do with all of this?

At first he was just a pawn in our game plan, someone who could be flexible to fit any situation or to make the situation funnier/more enjoyable.  But I'm starting to think that the homeless man should have a purpose. Therefore, my idea, would be to have our main protagonist wake up, not beeping, but still having a scar on his body. Basically, he was implanted with a chip that give him some sort of unnatural ability, and the homeless man is actual a scientist in disguise, working to test the patients mind, and observing the effect of whatever was put in the patients body. Of course, the viewer doesn't know this until later in the story, therefore, like we wanted to, we sort of trick the viewer and make the plot visibly more enticing. I'll run this by my group members and see what they think. Also, it could seem quite ironic to the viewer because in the beginning they think the protagonist is manipulating the homeless man but in reality, it's the homeless man triggering responses in the protagonist to get the results he wants. I think it could be an interesting concept.


(P.S.- I feel like we could advance the fact that he's being observed and watched by incorporating hand held shots from far away that could help foreshadow to the viewer that the reality they are perceiving isn't real)

No comments:

Post a Comment