Wednesday, March 30, 2016

3/30/16 - Almost ready

Hello!
So I've been working these past few days on the storyboard and the shot list, and I am proud to say that I am almost done! I've asked Guste and Danny to take care of the scriptwriting but we haven't gotten much progress in light of that. I'll begin brainstorming tonight and run some ideas by them tomorrow. So far, we know our location settings, costume design, and actors, as well as the basic shots, angles, and compositions we want.

For our location settings we have chosen the Publix rooftop in Weston Commons, granted we get their approval and the vibrant walls of Wynwood Walls in Miami. Yesterday, Guste and I set out to find these locations but, sadly, the state of the weather held us back and we only had a limited time to research areas too. For our costume design we have decided to dress our main character, who has been given the name Johnny, in normal young adult clothing, since he will be portrayed around the ages of 20. For our homeless man, who we have named Brian, we will we be going to a thrift store in hopes of finding oversized cheap clothing that we could easily manipulate and sully to fit the appearance that he's been on the streets for a while. For our actors, we have decided that Danny will be one of our actors, playing Johnny, the young man, and that a mutual friend of ours, Diego Mendez, will play Brian, the homeless man.

I am going to be tidying up the storyboard and shot list now and will post it a little later. Due to our setback in accomplishing things we will have to cram more time to focus on editing, but I know we are capable of accomplishing it. We are planning on beginning shooting as soon as possibly, otherwise, we are definitely starting this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. To begin I just wanted to say I am very interested to see your film open, the elements of your film are sci-fi/ suspenseful which is very popular in media today! I thought it was a really interesting choice to make! A lot of technique has to go into editing, and making your audiences feel what your main protagonist is feeling. The confused " Wake up" Is a really interesting approach for your first shot. Your personality definitely comes across strong in your writing, though with each new blog I think it would be a really good idea to show some more of the collaborative effort in your group. Your story boarding was really cool, and I enjoyed seeing the process of how your ideas developed and evolved. I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete