Wednesday, March 9, 2016

3/9/16 - Intro

Hello! My name is Lucie Pottecher and I am happy to announce that during the course of the next 6 weeks you will be following on a journey as I create a two minute film opening with my two other group members, Guste Janusauskaite and Danny Cooke. I'm very excited to begin a project of such magnitude, by incorporating, creating, and manipulated elements to bring together one idea and vision, but realize that i will curse the many obstacles I will face to get to the end product envisioned.

To know a little bit about me, I am 16 years old and I live in Weston, Florida. However, my native country, where I was born and raised for part of my childhood, is France, before making the journey across the Atlantic as a young child. I hope I'll be able to highlight my advantages in this project by my particularly vast and influenced knowledge on differing cultures, ideas, and views. I go to Cypress Bay High School and practically all my schedule is occupied by AP and AICE courses this year; Problem #1: Time management!

First up on the agenda, and most important to begin the planning process, we have to pick a genre! we have yet to regroup ourselves to discuss which genre we want to focus on. On my end, i know with utmost certainty that I will not be working with romance or horror genre creations. I have a vision of working with genres that could connect with plots that both help merge genres together as well as stray from the typical, predictable plot lines, which I hope wont be a problem.

 I know that in recent times I have been very intrigued by the cinematographic aspect of films and really hope that we'll be able to apply both an enticing plot line as well as an appealing visual component to our opening. I find that films who connect both dialogue and visuals under one common theme tend to have a more dynamic impact on making the message and emotional emphasis on particular scenes, or even films as a whole. We will certainly focus more on this after we come up with a plot line, and before that even, a genre. Im planning on researching possible genre and film inspirations that could help me narrow down a specific idea as to where our project could be directed towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment